Monday, July 5, 2010

A quick summer " tweet! "

  It's always fun when you're eating your lunch


and a new visitor comes to your window!
Today, a little cow -bird stopped by..

look!

Listen!






While I am here.. 
The latest book I am reading is Peter Duck..
and, not what you may think.. it's not about a duck..
but a retired sailor, that is his name. So far, what I can tell you is he joined Captain Flint's crew. And he and the children are about to set sail on the big ocean on a schooner.
I just started and can't wait to go grab my book now.. each chapter is a cliffhanger!
Peter Duck is the 3rd book ( 12 books in all)  in the Swallows and Amazons books by Arthur Ransome. I read the second book in a couple of days.. it was awesome!  These are great books about 4 children from England traveling the the waters in and around islands with real life adventure..near the north land of England just before the border to Scotland.

Last week I had a family vacation time, and before that I was busy helping at church vbs..
I am busy finishing knitting /crocheting projects. I will be working for the next month to put them in the fair. And as I finish them,
I will receive the next book in the series.. so a win- win situation for me! Look for pictures to be added here soon on what I am working on..



 Cheerio!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I told you so.




P.S. I am rereading them of course out of order ( you have to when you are rereading them because you read your favorite ones first I like all of them but I do have a few favorites. That would be Misse Lee, the first one, coot club, and many more that I cant remember there names.


K.M.K Out

Anonymous said...

It's you who convinced me to get started on them! thank you!
I hope I can see you next week!
Davia

Anonymous said...

me to
KMK out