Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Here is my book list for the next few weeks.. what is yours?

 I thought it would be fun to share what's on my book list for the next few weeks with you.. I have already started it:

1# Ink heart,
#2 and #3 Ink spell and Ink death ( I know, sounds gross, but, they are the sequels, I am not into occult or witchcraft, that is not what these are ) I am already more then half done with the first one... it is really following the movie closely. One of my favorite movies too!

You will notice, several of the titles I have chosen are also made into a movie.. so then I get to watch a movie at the end of the reading of the book!? Maybe.. maybe not.. sometimes the good book is ruined..but, chances are they are  good movies too, but first things first- read the books..Except, I did  watch Inkheart and didn't know there was a book, so I guess there are two on my list where I watched the movie first.. opps!

#4 Surprised by Joy by C.S Lewis. Why? Because I think he was a brilliant author. I am listening to the Chronicles of Narnia series and then when I am done, I get to see the movies that have been made (no, I haven't seen them yet, so don't tell me how they are).

I would like to see his
views in this book.

# 5 The Count of Monte Cristo
by Alexandre Dumas
# 6 The Princess bride by William Goldman, I have seen the movie, now I need to read the book.

# 7 The beggars Bible
                                                                                         and #8 is Beorn the Proud

#9  Travels with a Donkey-  One of my favorite authors, Robert Louis Stevenson, remember, the famous Treasure Island? read it, if you haven't! 
I will read more of his as I find them.
I also want to read the sequel to Kidnapped.


#10 Adventures of Marco Polo, for school,
but, it could be very interesting.

Now it's your turn, post a comment to me, tell me your favorite books or the books you have queued up to read.

1 comment:

PanicAndRun said...

Hey not a bad list! I've seen the movie's Inkheart (I thought it was cool) The Count of Monte Cristo (Thats a good show!) and The Princess Bride (I love that one!)
But the books I read and am reading are sequels, 'The heavens before' I read that one, I'm reading 'He who lifts the skies' and the third is 'Crown in the stars' Really good searies I would recomend them there are novels, like the first one is about Shems wife and the flood, the second is about one of there great grandaughter, Keren, being taken to 'the great city' where nimrad rules tower of babel etc. and the third is about her daughter being taken there after Keren excapes. Then I read the book 'The centurions wife' and dad ordered the second but becca is reading that one now, I will when I'm done with the books I'm reading and she is done! So there is what I've got to say! talk to you on monday!