Friday, February 26, 2010

ancient discoveries

Today I learned about how the Chinese had made or discovered so much even 1000 years ago.
We may think that humans were uneducated or lacking materials to build or make impressive things from every day use, to statues or boats. I read today about an astronomer named Su Song, who lived 1000 years ago.He had built a planetarium and he tilted it to be tilted like the earth at a 23.5 degree. More then 1000 years before him was another astronomer who made written  notes of the moons of Jupiter.This was long before Galileo. Gun powder was invented by the Chinese. Even then, there were fireworks! They knew how to make some huge, impressive boats! I read about war boats 300 feet long with nine masts, and watertight bulkheads.
History is probably one of my favorite topics to read about. I am always impressed with the truth that man was made smart right away, and not primitive silly cave men. I am happy that more and  more evidence is discovered and proves this theory.

No comments: