Tuesday, May 25, 2010

unexpectedly interesting!

 Are there as many unique birds in the world as there are places to travel or learn about? I am really starting to think so. From my last post I told you to look for this posting about a strange bird..
Here is it. The Kakapo!! You may not know, this bird is endangered..According to my findings, there are less than 100 left. He lives in New Zealand. But, There are reproductive programs going on right now.  This bird is in the parrot family. listen

This parrot is nocturnal. He is a good sized bird, up to 9 pounds and he doesn't fly. Below are 2 links about the Kakapo. I never realized that birds are so fun to learn about. Each day this summer we are going to be reading about birds.

We hope to find some, that we haven't seen before, in view too. 

link
link 2

No comments: